St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was built in 1906, the same year that Enderby was incorporated. Built largely by volunteers, it was constructed of bricks made by Enderby Brick Factory. The foundation was strengthened by the use of large rocks from the Shuswap River. Plumbing consisted of water brought to the church by members of the congregation and a little building was outside.
In time the finishing touches were completed so that by the year of 1925, the year of Church Union, the Methodist Church in Enderby decided that St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church building should become the home of the new St. Andrew’s United Church. Through the years, St. Andrew’s proved to be a church of great outreach always surpassing its Mission & Service goal. Its congregation was always ready to come to the aid of people in trouble. Many wonderful ministers guided the congregation in following God’s way.
During the last few years, the kitchen was renovated in order to bring it up to health standards, and the dining room was also renovated to produce the pleasant meeting and eating place that it is. The Most recent addition to St. Andrew’s has been the installation of an elevator to take people up to the level of the sanctuary or down to the basement.
We at St. Andrew’s United Church are proud of our church and welcome all who come through our doors.